We are looking for team oriented and motivated individuals to join our team and help support our aggressive growth. If you're self-motivating and willing to learn, we invite you to share your talents with us and help shape our future. Since 1990, developing and delivering software and services to the newspaper industry has successfully been the foundation of our business and a testament of our commitment to providing an atmosphere that encourages employees to focus on innovation, team work, and accountability.
Technical Support Engineer
As a Software Engineer, you will have the opportunity to architect, code, implement, test, and fix software functions that will be part of the Presteligence product line, web application services and/or mobile apps. Learn and sharpen your skills alongside fellow talented professionals and see your efforts come full circle from concept to fruition.
- Create and maintain web-based, desktop, and mobile device software primarily using Microsoft .NET Framework and SQL Server.
- Provide input and ideas to enhance the applications ease of use and design.
- Collaborate with team members on how to best resolve application functionality using best practices with a focus on consistency and usability.
- Ensure developed components are expertly designed, tested, debugged, and ready to deploy.
This position is located in North Canton, OH and requires:
- Minimum 1-2 years software development work experience
- Associates Degree or comparable work experience
- Knowledge of C#, ASP.NET, HTML, CSS, T-SQL.
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio and SQL Server.
- Experience developing with source control.
- Ability to work well within a team environment.
- Strong passion for technology and software.
- Knowledge of C/C++, Objective-C and/or Java.
- Experience developing applications for iOS and/or Android OS.
- Experience in designing and maintaining SQL databases, including programming stored procedures.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
The employee is frequently required to sit, reach with hands or arms and talk and hear.
The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, climb, or balance, and stoop, kneel or crouch.
Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Technical Support Engineer
As Technical Support Engineer, you will be the primary connection to our customers with responsibilities in the areas of product implementation, customer support, product testing and research, and customer relations and training. Work may be confidential in nature and requires strong decision-making skills, technical expertise, communication skills, organizational skills, and time management. Position requires travel both nationally and internationally.
Accomplishes the following through established Project Management model
- Pre-installation calls to confirm system design
- Meets with sales and marketing team to confirm customer expectations and identify issues or concerns
- System configuration and testing prior to installation
- Installation and training at customer site
- Complete system installation report and acquire customer sign-off
- Complete after action review with support staff.
- Provide technical phone and/or onsite support for customers as required. Available 24/7 as required.
- Serve on weekly 24-hour support rotation.
- Update technical manuals as required
- Maintain internal systems
- Performs new product testing and assures quality control
- Integrates third party applications into our product mix.
- Maintains follow-up relationships with customer base
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Travels on a frequent and as needed basis.
- Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to create and edit written materials.
- Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in the newspaper and advertising community.
- A strong Windows background with basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows Network environment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server and Internet Information Services is a plus.
- Ability to persuade and influence others.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Knowledge of newspaper operations a plus.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Proven verbal and written communication skill, as well as presentation skills.
- Ability to demonstrate and train user base on our product line.
- High school diploma or equivalent, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Microsoft OS certification a plus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- The employee is frequently required to sit, reach with hands or arms and talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, climb, or balance, and stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.