5 Types of Subscribers for your e-Edition
Newspapers may forget that using a digital edition not only saves money in printing and distribution costs but can also be a revenue generating tool. Here are 5 types of users to promote your e-edition:
- Mail Subscribers: With mail costs on the rise, you may be losing those mail subscriptions or it may not make economical sense to maintain them. As subscriptions are set to expire, offer an e-edition as a replacement. The perks: Subscribers get to read the news THE same day rather than waiting for it by mail. You get to maintain or improve that revenue stream. View Sample Letter
- Single Sale Copies: Some website visitors may just want to read an article about their beloved niece or nephew…why not let them see the picture, story, and the entire paper for the cost of your printed pub? This will count toward circulation and can bring in some new-found dollars.
- Teachers: Give teachers and students an interactive, technology based component for NIE. Get Ideas from Bucks County Courier Times and Grand Junction Daily Sentinel. This not only saves you a lot of money from not printing/distributing papers, you can give subscriptions 5-7 days/week and get sponsors for each school!
- Existing Print Subscribers: So you want to maintain your current print subscription base? Why not add an e-edition option for an additional $5.00 a month? Those subscribers will appreciate the opportunity to read their paper early in the day (at home or work). This also helps for redeliveries. See how Greater Philadelphia Media promoted this.
- New Customers: Drive website visitors and the ‘on the go’ person to an e-edition subscription. With the mobile edition, and upcoming iPhone app, subscribers can access your paper, your news, anytime, anywhere!